Contemporary Occitan bands
- Nadau from Bearn mix traditional songs with blues.
- Lou Dalfin from Piedmont play folk rock with a punk touch.
- Dupain from Marseilles play traditional songs with an electronic touch.
- Massilia Sound System from Marseilles play 'trobamuffin' (Occitan raggamuffin).
- the Fabulous Trobadors from Toulouse have tackled a wide array of different styles.
A group from the Aude département called La Mal Coifée is particularly recommended. It is a six girl group singing largely accapella. Even if you don't speak a word of Occitan, you'll find their performances electric. Visit their website to hear sample songs, see videos and find out where they are playing. The songs sound modern, but where taught to the group by their Occitan speaking grandmothers in the Corbieres.